Yes, civil marriage is legal in Aruba with the following documentation:
- Copies of birth certificate for bride and groom with apostle (state certification).
- Passport picture page or valid state issued picture ID for Bride & Groom.
- Witness passport picture page or valid state issued picture ID (minimum 2 witnesses over 18 years of age.
- Certificate of no impediment for bride and groom (also referred to as a single status report and in some states
called a negative statement of marriage). Apostles are required for "negative statement of marriage")
- If either party has been divorced a copy of the 1st and last page of the divorce decree(s) is required.
- If either party is a widow(er) copy of death certificate is required.
For more information please contact the Office of Civil Registry:
Tel: (297) 583-4400 (Oranjestad)
Tel: (297) 584-5433 (San Nicolaas)
Fax: (297) 583-9160 - email@example.com